On Tuesday I went out for drinks with the girls I've worked with at the play school. It's sad to have to say good bye to all of them. I had such a great time working with them all. I got this cute cute card which they helped the kids make for me.
They drew around the kids' hands and then the kids stuck bits on to decorate it.
Very special. I have already packed it in a box to take with to the UK.
And flower seeds! Pink ones! I love that it's called 'Cupid Pink'. I'm looking forward to starting a bit of a garden once we're settled in our new home. (And this card makes me look forward to spring!) I will miss these little ones.
Then yesterday was the first week back after the holiday for my English class. The new teacher took over yesterday and I was there to introduce everyone and help the kids get to know their new teacher. We did some fun songs together which we all love doing. Not only them. I love doing really funny silly action songs! But after that I had to leave... The new teacher showed me all the lovely and exciting things she had planned for them for the lesson. I just wanted to stay. And join in and watch them. But I had to go. I had to allow her to now teach them. It was quite sad to have to get onto the train and come home while they were all still there having fun. I knew they were having fun so that was one good thing!
A sweet sweet boy gave me these flowers.
Aren't they just beautiful? So colourful! And each one different.
I love this pink one.
And this big white one.
While I now have colourful flowers in my kitchen, this is what it looks like upstairs. Very much the same as it looked a year ago before leaving South Africa! The removal company should be here on the 16th to pick up our things and then we're planning to fly to the UK very soon after that. Can't wait!









Hi Anneliese! How said that I just got to meet you and your blog now that you're leaving!
ReplyDeleteActually, I still don't know if I will make it to the meet up, but it would be nice to see you again.
I wish you all the luck in your new life!
Carla