Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Our goods arrived from Switzerland

Our furniture left Switzerland on Tuesday the 16th. On Friday of that same week we got a call to say our things have arrived here in the UK and they want to come and deliver the following week. That was the fastest move I've ever experienced! We agreed for them to deliver on Wednesday. Everything was there- I checked it all off a list see!


We were happy with the company who did the move for us - Over's International. I got six quotes and this one was the cheapest along with another British company, Bishops. The others as far as I know were Swiss companies (or just charging Swiss prices) and were charging double as much as those who quoted in pounds. A list of the others I received quotes for: Crown, Packimpex, Pelichet and (the most expensive) Interdean. These all got good reviews on the English Forum. 


We are very lucky that we are able to store everything in our friends garage until we have our own apartment. I really did not think it would fit but it did!

Oh and these guys actually helped carry everything into the garage and stacked it neatly so it would all fit. Unlike the guy who delivered our things to Switzerland and wanted to leave me alone with everything on the street in front of our apartment on the second floor.

Even my plants survived very well. Both my orchid and yukka arrived in one piece and didn't look too stressed out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That was fast.

    The Interdean guys came in, unpacked, and placed the furniture for us in the CH.But of course Tony's company paid for all that service. I doubt things will go as well heading the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estelle says: So glad all arrived safely and you're smiling!!

    ReplyDelete