Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Settling in with the British soon

I've been trying to come up with a new name for my blog. I want to carry on blogging right here, but then I can't really keep calling it "Settling in with the Swiss" anymore, can I. I have less than a week to come up with a new name. In a week's time we'll be in the UK! I'm very excited! Well hopefully we'll be there then. We still haven't booked flights yet. This is the way Andre likes to do things: last minute. Not my way of doing things, but I can't organise everything so once in a while I try to just go with the way he wants to do things. And he's the one with the credit card. Anyway,  I'm trying hard to be creative  and come up with a new name, but please excuse me if it sounds like I'm still trying to settle in with the Swiss for a while when we're in England. I think I actually need to be there to come up with a good name.

We have filled about seven boxes now but I've put the packing on hold for a bit. I'm itching to start packing up the kitchen but we still have to eat. I'm happy with yoghurt or ice cream for dinner but I don't think Andre will be.

The removal company will be here on Tuesday. I hope the date won't change. First it was Monday, then Wednesday and now they have promised me it will be Tuesday. We'll see. That's sort of why we're not sure about booking flights yet. Obviously it will be a bit hard staying on in the flat with no furniture, but we need a day to get the flat spotless before we can move out.

Andre and I both went to the hairdresser this morning. Me to stay blond and Andre for a cut. He ended up getting some highlights too when there were some of my bleach left.

We'll have a last day in Zürich tomorrow with maybe a dinner there too. And after that it's packing up the rest of the house, cleaning up and getting out of here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Hope all goes well with the cleaning. I've never experienced THAT major move-out clean up before.

    Have a safe trip to the land of English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Definitely looking forward to the English part of this new land we're going to!

    ReplyDelete