Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Zebra Box

We were lucky to have lots of storage space here at our apartment and kept all the boxes from when we moved here from South Africa. But over the past 11 months we've obviously accumulated quite a bit more.

A friend told me about Zebra Box. It's a self storage place where you can store anything from your bicycle in a small storage locker to all your furniture in a bigger storage room. They also sell boxes and packing materials and can organise your move for you. We didn't know about this part and already booked another company to do our move but we needed more boxes. We went to their offices where they have a display of all the boxes they sell. We got what we needed as well as one very big one for my yukka plant and a small one for my orchid. I hope they will survive the trip! We got some packing tape, bubble wrap and tissue paper too. 

Then we started chatting to the owner who was there. I've hardly said two words wen he asked me if we're from South Africa. It turns out he lived there for a while (he's Swiss) and still has family there. That's where he got the name "Zebra Box" for his company from. Him and the other lady who works there speaks perfect English and were very friendly and helpful. 

Now I just need to fill those new boxes we bought... I'm sitting around waiting for it to get a bit closer to the moving date before I can pack the rest like the kitchen things. I've already worked out a menu of things to make with only a pot and a pan which I'll then pack after dinner the night before the movers come!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great tip, thank you!

    Enjoy with your last few days in Switzerland and good luck with the relocation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about Zebra Box. I was wondering if there was something like this here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete