Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last blog post in Switzerland!

Yesterday the removal company came to collect our things. They said they'd be with us in the afternoon and that the guys in the truck will phone to let us know when they're on their way. So we took our time getting ready in the morning thinking we still had hours to get the last few things in boxes. Well, at 8:30am Andre tells me they're here. I thought he was joking because this is exactly what happened when we left Cape Town, but he wasn't joking and I could hear the truck pulling up next to our building. 


So you can imagine how I ran around trying to get everything done! I squished our duvet and pillows in boxes and damp towels which didn't have time to dry completely after the morning shower. I was not impressed being rushed like that, but at least it was over early in the day. 


This morning we went back to the flat to finish the cleaning. We'd already done about half of what needed to be done but still spent about four hours cleaning. It's hard work. I have never cleaned like this in my life!! The owners came to check at 2pm and I was a bit nervous that they would find something not clean enough, but they were very happy and said we did a very good job. Phew! We got our deposit back :-)

Now I'm trying to recover a bit after all this physical work and then we're leaving early tomorrow morning for our flight to the UK.

I will write again soon from the UK next time! Bye bye Switzerland!

9 comments:

  1. Aaah! dis ook so bietjie "sad", ne. Maar ek glo julle het 'n baie goeie jaar met baie interessante ervarings gehad wat niemand kan wegneem nie. Voorspoed vir die toekoms, julle twee! xxxx Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your UK adventure! looking forward to your next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tschüss! Adieu! Ciao. But I should really be saying Auf Wiedersehen.

    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have LOVED following your daily life in Switzerland and am going to MISS it a lot. It brought back so many happy memories of my stay there in 2004. You will have to work hard at your photography to produce photos of England like the ones from Switzerland!!!!!!
    Alles van die beste.
    Pauline (Steer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoop julle gaan sommer baie gelukkig in die UK wees - ons sien uit na die nuwe blog Annie!! Dink aan julle - liefde Moeder Melkbos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck settling in UK. Hope the move all goes smoothly!
    Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pauline, Good to hear from you. My mother-in-law has told me how you all follow my blog! Glad you've been enjoying it :-)

    Dankie Skoonma! Baie liefde xx

    Thanks Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete