Some time ago Andre and I went to the Kunsthaus in Zürich. The art gallery. We went on a Wednesday because on Wednesdays you can see the main collection for free. Why pay when we are not working and able to go on a Wednesday. We only had to pay to see the special Bührle exhibition. These paintings belonged to Mr Bührle. He bought many many painting including paintings by Van Gogh, Monet and Cézanne. You might have heard about four of these painting that were stolen in February 2008, one of Europe's biggest art heists. Two were later found but the other two are still missing.
My favourites were the three very big Monet paintings of water lilies. I saw paintings like these, I'm not sure but maybe it could have actually been these exact ones, in books when I was studying art history at school. I wish I could have taken pictures of these paintings, but you're not allowed to take any of the Bührle collection. Only in the main exhibition. So hurry and go see the Bührle collection. It only runs until the 16th May.
The main collection has some well known artists too.
As well as some weird artists who like to display blank canvasses.
The place is huge and I don't think we even saw everything there was to see. The wife got tired..
Oh and get an audio guide. It's free. And in English too!






No comments:
Post a Comment