Thursday, 16th April 2020
Weather: Sunny, but not as warm as I expected. Max of around 19C.
More Barbie playing today. Isabella played on her own in the morning to start with. Andre and I then had a work call at the same time and she kept herself nice and quiet for an hour. Then I had to make up for it by playing Barbies for 2 hours straight. I declared an end to it at lunch time. Also, Holly-Barbie somehow got infected by the Corona virus and was giving Lolly-Barbie such a hard time not wanting to stay isolated in her room. We were getting worried she was going to infect the entire Barbie population in our house. I would have had to isolate them all in the guest room and we wouldn't be able to see them for 14 days!
| Nurse Lolly |
| Leaving a drink outside Holly's bedroom at a safe distance. |
Then Emily-Barbie got up from her wheelchair (I had always wondered about her reason for a wheelchair...) and did yoga lessons with the others Barbies.
| This girl has got some moves! |
Isabella went for a cycle on the field over lunch time. She's doing well, but we need some more practice before going on the road.
Andre continued the Barbie games for a bit once we got back from the brief cycle while I worked. I suggested a movie for the rest of the afternoon. She chose to watch the new Lion King, the one with the real animals. It was really good. We haven't quite finished it so have a little more to watch tomorrow.
Oh, Tabby's harness also arrived this afternoon! I wasn't planning on even putting it on him today already, but he seemed quite 'friendly' towards it, wanting to play with it when I dragged it around. I placed it on his back, just draped over him and he walked around with it not bothered. So after doing that a few times, our excitement took over and we decided to try it on him. He surprised us by being absolutely fine wearing it. And of course once we attached his leash and opened the door he was even happier to go exploring outside. We only stayed for about 5 or 10 minutes at the most and he only explored the deck. Fingers crossed we won't be regretting this if he starts nagging us to take him out! But I think it will be helpful when we need to take him anywhere with us and hoping he will get to learn that to be his way of going out the door and not try to escape at other times. But he is a cat, so who knows how it will go!
| Super proud to be walking the cat! Or is the cat walking her?! |
![]() |
| Mastered walking on a leash, now can we go swimming? |


He-he, oulike Barbie comments! Altyd so oorspronklik! Ek het geen idee wat om met al die Barbies te doen nie! En Tabby lyk te oulik tussen al die Blue Bells!
ReplyDelete