I roughly estimated that we might have 10 boxes to ship over to Switzerland and got a quote for the 10 boxes from a couple of different companies. Biddulphs turned out to offer the best price.
After finishing the packing on Thursday we had 8 full boxes and the 9th one with only the two motorbike helmets in. I was impressed that we managed to stay under the estimated 10. At times I thought we were going to have more like 15 boxes. So Sunday evening I filled the 9th box with some more odds and ends.
They would be collecting on Monday. Oh by the way- note that they said they'd come Monday late afternoon and would phone before arriving.
So Monday morning after going to the consulate to hand in Andre's passport for his visa and sorting out bank stuff we're just sitting around at his house when he decides maybe we should pack another box... So we're sitting thinking what could we put into this 10th box and actually coming up with a couple of stuff when the doorbell rings. Andre says it's Biddulphs and I say don't talk nonsense they're only coming later and anyway they haven't phoned yet.
But yes, it was Biddulphs arriving unannounced at 12:55.
Now we had some stuff in mind that we actually decided would be a good idea to also take with in this not yet existing 10th box. So off I rush to my house to fetch the things we decided to pack as well as a few other souvenirs along the way. Throw it into the car and rush back to pack this 10th box. Biddulphs was patiently waiting for us to finish this rush. Well they better had been waiting because I made them understand that they were way early. They did appologise and were actually very good about everything.
The 10th box got taped up and off goes all our things. They said it would be in Zurich in about a month which is great. I expected it to take longer.
Now all we have to do is pack our bags. Hope it all fits!
Dit lyk na n baie nice huis. Die vews is ook great. Hoop julle trek gou in en dat Andre darem die intrek sal vier. Groete Chris
ReplyDelete