Pages

Sunday, April 26, 2009

The washing powder challenge

Yesterday we had our biggest grocery shopping day yet. That was because André was with me and could help me carry. We didn't have a SFr 2 coin for a trolley so André had to carry the basket. After the basket had been full for a while already, and André said we have to go pay now, he can't carry anymore, I remembered we need washing powder! Remember I said before I didn't know which one to buy so just didn't get any? Well, we couldn't put it off any longer. The clothes needed washing. 

Obviously the tub I used to buy back in SA would not be here so we squat down to try and figure out which brand to get. My mom recommended Ariel. I excitedly found the Little Mermaid brand, but it was a liquid something in a plastic bag. Not practical for us as we'll have to pack and move in 2 weeks. (Yay!) So we continue our search. André spots 3 boxes with OMO on them. Ahh that's a name we know. But no it won't work. They are only for whites or sensitives. Not sure what will happen if I wash my non-sensitive clothes with sensitive washing powder. We are in search of one for colours as most of our clothes have that: colour. And anyway, we were told by a Swiss that that's what we need. On the bottom shelf in the corner I see one lonely box of Surf. That is also something we know, I think? Yes I'm sure I remember seeing Surf ads on TV. And can you believe it, it's for colours! 

I tested it this morning. Did two loads and it worked! Clean clothes! And even my light pink t-shirt is looking better now after it's previous wash with new black socks... Hope washing on a Sunday was allowed?

4 comments:

  1. nice post... at least my clothes are clean again... thanks sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a pleasure :-) The washing powder even smelt nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Surf over here, i literally just buy the cheapest! lol, Surf had a special on, I find washing powder so expensive here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Meghan you found my blog! Well glad we're using the same washing powder then, so I'm not doing too bad. Tomorrow we're going to buy an iron to keep me busy. haha! I did see a pink one, think that will make me want to iron maybe..

    ReplyDelete