Pay is good for a teacher salary, but then you work normal office hours. No going home at 14:15 like I got to do last year... Teachers must be at school at 8:15 and school starts at 8:45. There are very long lunch breaks and play time and lots of free play of course for the littlies. But all kids then only go home at 15:45. That includes the 3 year olds in pre-K. Shame what a long day for them (and for the teachers!) So I guess that's why the pay is better than in SA... You WORK for it! Oh and you also only get about half the holiday time to actually be on holiday, which ends up to about the same as any other working person in Switzerland. The rest of the holiday time is spent on courses and some of it at school, planning etc.
Yesterday's interview was for a 100% post, i.e. full time. They work with percentages you can e.g. have a 40% or 60% or whatever job. Monday's interview is for a 50% post so only part time. Will be interesting to compare the hours and salary.
mmm... What else happened yesterday... Oh yes I managed to also travel on the bus and two trains to the interview all by myself! I was more nervous about the traveling than the interview. All went very well though. I went in the right direction on all the right trains and got there exactly on the minute as the schedule said I would. If you're on the train wondering how far it still is to your stop, you can just check your watch and know exactly how long it will still take. I was so focused on getting there, had my directions all written down which I checked every two minutes. But I never gave one thought to how I would get back! Was very easy though. So that's another accomplishment. I should make a list of accomplishments, will be quite a few all in one week!
Yesterday I also went to open a joint account for me and Andre. So I will now have my money in my account and his money in our joint account. Clever don't you think!
Oh and I also accidently found the shopping area of Baden. I think it's what they call downtown Baden. It's a long street with shops on both sides. No cars, only for walking in this street. And it's by the river. Really nice. Everyone was outside having their lunch.
Ok, let's see what else I can find to do today... Andre's working from home today. Yay! So nice to have company here all day.
Enjoy your Friday!
slim kind dat jy weer die huis gekry het sonder om krummels te strooi....
ReplyDeleteI think Andre is getting a hard time with his money sharing in a joint account... but very clever done, Anneliese!
ReplyDeleteHe's lucky I am a very kind wife and only spending money on groceries and lots of train tickets!!
ReplyDelete