This morning (Monday) I went for an interview at another bilingual school, close to the other I went to. Also a nice school. Very small still, only one group which they divide into two classes it sounds like. Really young kids, some are not even quite two years old yet, up to I think about 4. Max 12 kids in the group which is nice and often they don't even have that many since some don't come every day or only come for the morning.
Oh I forgot to mention... they are open from 7:30 - 18:30! They're offering a 50% post and are very flexible. It might be 3 full days per week or everyday for half the day. Don't know how anyone can work such long hours with kids FULL time!! No school holidays... they're open right through the year so you get 20 days leave per year. They also offer language
classes and asked if I might be interested in teaching English as a second or foreign language. I said I would like that a lot.
The school has another branch, the original one in the next door town called Thalwil, where they have kindergarten, so the kids are a bit older.
Now I have to wait and see...
The pictures I took while waiting for the train in Oberrieden after the interview. Stunning view of the Zurich See...
This afternoon I prepared my lesson for next week which I'll be teaching at the school in Horgen with the pre-K class. I've also been hunting for more apartments today. I tried calling a some and after a few unsuccessful calls remembered it's a holiday in Zurich. Only in Zurich city though. I must go find out why it's a holiday today... Ok I found it: Here's the info from a website:
Sechseläuten:
20 April 2009, Half-day holiday in Zürich City. (they now take a full day holiday) Celebrated to mark the end of winter, this is one of Zürich's most colourful festivals. The name signifies the six o'clock bell which called the workers home. A costume parade of the 26 guilds leads from the Hauptbahnhof down the Bahnhofstrasse to Sechseläutenplatz at Bellevue. Around 3000 guild members, riders and horse-drawn vehicles take part. The climax is the burning of the Böögg, a figure of a snowman, on a bonfire at 18:00; the quicker it burns, the better the summer will be.
Good excuse not to go to work!
Unfortunately Andre's company chose today to welcome him at their head office which is NOT in Zurich. So he didn't get the day off. Instead he had to get up at 4:45 this morning and travel 3 hours in four different trains and one bus to get there! I'm still waiting for him to get home (19:24).
Here's a short video clip I took on my walk before the interview.
Ek hou van jou "Introduction"!
ReplyDeleteDankie :-)
ReplyDelete