Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Money in the bank!

Yay! I have money in the bank! This weekend Andre said I should try registering my cards online. I got THREE! No credit cards, just bank cards. I didn't know I was getting so many! For at least a week I was receiving packages and letters and all my top secret numbers and this weekend I thought maybe it's the end now so I tried logging in to see if I have everything I need. It's quite a process to log in to check your accounts. Andre says it's good cos it's for security. Then was our online banking in South Africa not that secure?? 

Here I put my card in a little yellow card reader machine thingy (see picture on facebook). Then it tries to challenge me! I have to be on the website where I get a challenge code to punch in, then I have to put two codes in the pc, then another lot of codes into the card reader and then, I think that was about all, I am logged in!

So after registering my cards online over the weekend I went in to the bank today and handed them over some Euros to put into my account. Again I had to put my card into another card reader there, punch in codes and ok buttons and the money is in! I checked in now, after again entering all those codes and it's there. I haven't tried using the card yet. I'm to scared they tell me in German that it doesn't work... 

Now André is still waiting very impatiently for the rest of his secret letters and numbers and things to arrive. We think his salary has been paid in there already but he can't get to it yet!!

Oh I just remembered I was busy tidying up here before André gets home from work when I spotted my wallet. Let me continue that task now. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Now you are fully accepted, real people in Sitzerland with own money in your bank account.

    But I think Swiss people are even more neurotic about internet banking security than the rest of Europe... Using the HBCI standard you only need a key card and user name/password and as far as I know it is still seen as one of the most secure systems of doing electronic bnak transfers...

    Well, maybe that's the reason why Andre is there, to improve the Swiss internet banking system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, who took the nice picture at the top of your blog and what is it showing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think André took that picture at the top of my blog. Now I can't even remember the name of the town it was in, but if I remember correctly it was the next town south down the Zurich See after Horgen. Because we took the wrong boat from Horgen, going in the wrong direction and then got off at the next stop to go back in the other direction!

    ReplyDelete