Last night we signed the contract and paid the deposit for the flat. Our move in date is 1st May but we already have a key and the owners said we can even move in now already if we want.(They are super nice and so helpful.) We'd love to but we don't want to sleep on the hard, cold floor so we'll wait until we (hopefully soon) have a bed.
Today I'm going to Ikea to find out how soon they can deliver. I can get 50% discount on the delivery fee if I travel there with public transport, which I will and I want to get all the details about that too. Don't want to get anything wrong and lose out on that discount! I need to start making a list of all the essentials we need, e.g. toilet paper and dishwashing liquid! And of course bed, cupboard and couch.
Today I'm also going to de-register us here in Baden so that we can register in Dietikon.
So that's my plan for today.
Yesterday I went for a second interview at TAZ-Horgen school. It went well and I had a good morning there. I spent the morning in the pre-kindergarten class and then a bit in the kindergarten class. Both were great but I'm thinking I'd enjoy the kindergarten kids more. So everyone please hope and pray for me that I will get the job there. I will hear from them by end of next week...
Ok, here's some more pictures from the apartment last night. I still want to put up pics Andre took of our forest walk last Sunday but he hasn't downloaded them yet..
This is the view down the street, taken from our Wintergarten.
Another view from the Wintergarten.
André checking out the fire place. Wonder where one buys wood here...
We were impressed with the cupboards!
View from the kitchen windows.
Wow, congratulations on your new home! It looks stunning, and really happy for you that you found it so quickly. Now you can really start your life in Switzerland and settle in properly. Elizabeth xxx
ReplyDeleteDid you learn about the 50% off on my blog? ;) All you need is to get a round trip ticket to ikea using public transport on the day you buy the purchase you want delivered. After purchase, take the receipt and the train ticket to the customer service desk and you get 50% back. Totally worth it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh and we buy wood from the grocery store. They usually have it stocked up outside... and generally in winter but at our supermarket it is year round. If you want to keep a big stockpile on the balcony or something you can also get a delivery but I am not sure from where.
ReplyDeleteI saw it in the brochure with the family card discounts and then also on your blog. When I saw it on your blog too I thought, it must be true then! We've got to make use of it! Pity, they have some discounts next week on beds but we're buying this saturday. Can't really wait to buy a bed, we need to sleep! We're renting a truck from them because then we can get our stuff immediately instead of only in 4 weeks. Hope the discount applies to that too and not only if they deliver.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info about the wood too!!
Oh good you saw the discount starting on the fourth. I read that last night and wanted to give you a heads up if you did not see it... the savings are good for dressers and bed linens, too, so perhaps if you need those get them next week.
ReplyDeleteThe discount for the delivery can apply to the delivery from IKEA by truck or a rental that you can drive yourself... not 100% sure about the last one, but I saw that in the pamphlet last night too.
Great place, well choosen. I am wondering why they offer a fire place for the flat, maybe there is something wrong with the central heating system, not using Fluidics nozzles ???
ReplyDeleteWaarvoor is die registrasie en de-registrasie?
ReplyDeleteJou blog is baie oulik. Hoe sommer baie daarvan.
Congrats on the new flat!!! Hope your furniture will arrive soon. May you have many happy memories staying in the flat.
ReplyDeleteHope there is a little corner for us to come and visit.
Fran & Juan
Thanks Elizabeth, Fran & Juan for the congratulation message! I am sooo excited! Our very first place place of our own (well renting of course) to call home :-)
ReplyDeleteJuergen, I really hope the heating will be good! I have had enough cold and wet winters in Cape Town! Have waited a long time to have a warm house in winter...
Hi Isolet, bly jy geniet die blog! En dis lekker om van jou te hoor - dan weet ek darem met wie ek gesels as ek hier skryf en dat ek nie net met myself praat nie!! Nee, dis soos Big Brother hier, hulle weet waar jy is nog voor jy vir hulle se waar jy woon! Jy het 8 dae vandat jy hier aankom, as jy vir langer as (ek dink) 3 maande gaan bly, om te gaan aanmeld by die stadshuis/ munisipaliteit. Dan moet jy se waar jy bly, of jy jou eie kombuis het (moenie vra nie!), watter werks- of verblyfspermit jy het. Jy moet copies gee van jou paspoort, police clearance (wat ek gelukkig toevallig gehad het), jou huurkontrak, huweliks sertifikaat en enige ander dokumentasie wat jy aan kan dink! So hulle weet als van jou af. Dan elke keer wat jy trek en van adres verander moet jy gaan de-registreer in die dorpie waar jy woon en weer gaan registreer of aanmeld in jou nuwe dorp waar jy in trek, weer binne 8 dae. (En natuurlik weer geld oorhandig.) Vreeslike afére! Ek wens net ek het my paspoort laat henru voor ons daar weg is sodat dit op my nuwe van kon wees. Ek is nou weer Leube by die bank en oral, hulle wil nerens my nuwe van aanvaar nie omdat dit nie so in my paspoort is nie!
Maar ons geniet dit al die pad! :-)