Last night we had another great dinner at Zeughauskeller and I had Jessica's recommendation of Kalbsgeschnetzeltes nach Zürcher art -panfried sliced veal and mushrooms in a delicious creamy white wine sauce, served with Rösti. It was good! We went with friends, had drinks somewhere else beforehand hoping that the long line outside Zeughauskeller would be gone when we go back. But no, there was still a line just as long and that was around 9pm. It was definitely worth the wait though. The guys had the Hövels "flambe with firewater" beer and us girls decided this looks like a cocktail glass and needs some cocktail decorations:

At 11pm they kindly told us they are closing now and we took the hint and went for another cocktail somewhere else. We got the train back at 1pm, (a late night for us!) and again thanks to Jessica's informative blog I was able to figure out that "mit Zuschlag" meant we now had to buy an extra ticket for Sfr.5 for using the night train. (Thanks Jessica!) We weren't impressed though that no one came to check our tickets after we paid extra. But had we not bought those tickets I'm sure we would have been checked! I won't take that chance.
This morning André and I felt like we were at a major party last night. We're not used to going to bed after 12pm anymore!!
But we dragged our tired bodies to the Glatt shopping mall in Wallisellen near Zürich. It's the first time we went there, well first time for me. Andre's been there before when he came over here for work last year. It's a nice shopping mall. We're getting used to not expecting too much from the malls here and this one was really nice. New and quite big enough, nice variety of shops, free undercover parking.
André sold his old MacBook Pro this morning so we spent the money at the mall! He bought a slalom skateboard. His been looking at this for a while now and was getting quite excited about it.
This guy in the shop was really nice. We had a long chat and he convinced us to try snowboarding first instead of skiing. I like the idea of snowboarding, it sounds cool. But I can't picture myself staying upright on a snowboard. We'll see... So anyway, here the guy is putting together Andre's skateboard. Tomorrow I'll go on my bike and Andre can go on his skateboard.
And then André bought us a Nespresso coffee machine :-)

I've been nagging a bit for this. Those who know me will wonder why since I don't really drink coffee. But I like pressing the button on a machine and coffee comes out! And I like the frothed milk so we had to get one that can do that too! So now I'll start drinking coffee.
See here's my first one and a fancy one I made too. A latte macchiato. (I had to check the name in the manual, that's how little I know about coffees!!) The sales lady was really nice at explaining everything and even gave us an extra set of all 16 capsules for free. You also get a set in your box with the machine.
Tomorrow there's an expat expo in Zurich and it's also Knabenschiesen (translated: boys shooting) festival this weekend until Monday. I don't know if we'll go to either. I think we'll just catch up on sleep tomorrow and go try out the skateboard and drink coffee of course. We've still got another 14 flavors to try and then we can start all over again!
Oh, I did some baking on Friday and made jam. I'll tell you about that later on my food blog.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
The coffee machine looks nice, we also do not drink coffee often but it looks this good it must taste nice. Will wait for pic's of Andre skateboarding. cheers.
ReplyDeleteGlad that you enjoyed the Zeug. I took my family there on Saturday and had another great meal! Also, thanks for reading my blog and telling others about it. :)
ReplyDelete