
I'm 3 weeks late with this blog. The new school year started 17th August. These pictures have been sitting on my laptop but I've had so many other things to write about and so little time. The first time in a long time I'm having a slow relaxing morning again today. School work is all planned for the week. The house is clean. The fridge is full. So time to catch up on blogs!

I went to a lot of trouble getting these pictures. Hanging out the car window, telling André to go slower! Being a teacher I just had to get pictures of this to show you. These signs are all over Switzerland and we've driven around quite a bit. You see them when you enter every town, warning you that school has started again and to watch out for the kids on their way to school.

Isn't it great how they care about the safety of the kids? You see even the littlest ones walking to school on their own with their little orange reflectors over they're chests to make them more visible along the road.

I especially like this poster of the girl saying, "Hey, you stop for me okay." Or something like that in what I assume is Swiss German because I don't recognise it as proper High German. And at the bottom it says: Beware, children on their way to school!
Estelle says:
ReplyDeleteMet sulke oulike prentjies langs die pad sal 'n mens beslis "achtung" gee.
Yeah, that last sign is indeed Swiss German - it says "You'll stop for me, right?"
ReplyDeleteI still smile when I see some cute little kid trotting along in their orange triangle vest thingy... it makes me happy that kids can walk to school here alone and that's perfectly ok. :)