Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This and that

On Saturday we drove to Bern, the capital of Switzerland. It's a beautiful city and we had a great day walking around there. More about Bern and pictures later.

I did some baking again over the weekend. I baked a Hungarian tart. It was delicious and didn't last very long!

I finally bought what I thought would be a non-stick spray as I know it from South Africa (Spray & Cook), but it's not the same. It's just some kind of an oil that is spritzed out, not an even spray. It's not the same stuff inside. Here's a picture of the one I bought.

School started yesterday and so did my English classes. Yesterday afternoon I was back at the little 4 year old girl for her private lesson at her house. I've now also got her younger almost 3 year old sister joining us too. Her attention span is of course not that long so she's just around joining in when she feels like it and at least hearing English while I work with the older sister. She was so excited when she saw me and this got the little one excited too which was a good thing. I was worried how she would react being with me, because her mom said she takes a long time to get used to someone. But it went well.

Today I'm free all day! So good! The two boys I'm supposed to have on a Tuesday after school can't make it this week. And tomorrow I've got my group of six 4-6 yr olds for beginner reading and writing. I've got lots of great stuff prepared for them, but still have some things to do, so that's what I'm going to do now.

Oh oh I forgot to tell you! I finally made a hair appointment! I'm going on Thursday morning. So I'll let you know how it went then. Please hold thumbs that it will turn out well.

It's been soooo hot for days now. It's lovely but it can get a bit much. I'm sure next summer we will appreciate the warm weather more after a proper cold winter. I love these summer evenings though, when it starts to cool down...

Ok, let me go finish my school work so I can get some relaxing time in too later.




2 comments:

  1. sterkte met daai haar afspraak. dit stormweer vreeslik in die kaap met angswekkende verspoelings. benodig omtrent 'n 4x4 net om in die stad uit te kom by die werk.

    ps. al jou gebakkery maak my mond water!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sjoe, julle kry omtrent 'n erg winter daar. Ons het nou weer 'n hitte golf hier. Bietjie te warm!

    ReplyDelete