Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Appenzell

On Sunday we drove to Appenzell. I must stop saying this, but I can't help it: Another beautiful typically Swiss town. You known when you get that feeling when you want to say "Oooh oooh look look!" I feel like that each time I see a cute cosy wooden house with flowers flowing over balconies. And green hills, and typical farm houses with those cows who give us the oh so good chocolate and cheese... If you don't know what I mean, just have a look at these pictures. And if you don't live in Switzerland, come and visit us so you can see for yourself. How did we get so lucky to land here?

This is in the town of Appenzell. I was suprised to see how many little shops were open. Selling mostly touristy souvenirs but it was nice to feel like a tourist and browse (and to see shops open on a SUNDAY!!)


Here I'm staring at chocolates... We bought some liqueur which we must still try and I can't remember what it was right now (it's downstairs and I'm not getting out of bed now) and whiskey flavored fudge. So good.

Appenzell: The town of stinky cheese! Appenzeller cheese is really really very stinky. No I mean really. But good taste though. (It says Appenzell on the building, you'll have to click to enlarge if you can't see it.)

My knight on his horse, riding off into the Swiss Alps.
How pretty is this? Look at those little windows and the curtains. That's just the way little girls draw curtains in a window!

Remember that lens André rented? Here is where I took over the camera while he was driving. I snapped pictures most of the way home.

We set the navigator to avoid the motorways so we could take the scenic route.

You see what I mean?

Just look at this adorable little house! Do click on the picture so you can see it full size. You have to really see this properly.

What would it be like to live on a farm like this?

With a real barn.

And have your own chocolate and cheese cows.

And to plant lots and lots of flowers.

See, like these. Next spring this is what our balcony is going to look like.
Ok, maybe I shouldn't make promises I can't keep.
But I'm going to try.

So go and visit Appenzell and take the road less travelled.

1 comment:

  1. Sjoe , dit is mooi. Laat my baie aan Duitsland dink. En o!ja, ek kon jou nie op Google kry nie. Nog te dom daarvoor, maar ek het probeer! Elaine

    ReplyDelete