Yesterday André came home telling me about one of his colleagues who bought this iRobot Roomba, a robotic vacuum cleaner. The guy had it there at the office and they were throwing cookie crumbs on the floor at this thing, 'feeding' it!
So André comes home telling me all about this. Now I should mention to you in case you don't know my husband, he loves any kind of gadget. He does a lot of research before buying anything, but he really does love any kind of gadget, even vacuum cleaners that are different in some way, like this one.
So we watch some videos of it on youtube. You should go see, type in "roomba cat" and see the cats riding on this vacuum cleaner! But I'm thinking he would never buy something like this. We just bought a really great vacuum cleaner after we moved in here only a couple of months ago. The Dyson Baby was his choice too after lots of research and being certain that it's the absolute best and we just have to have it.
But no, if it's good and it's a gadget, it doesn't matter how many of it we have. So off we go to Media Markt. I was still not believing that he would really buy this. Instead I'm hoping that he'll buy an espresso machine which we've been looking at for a long time now. Obviously that's not interesting enough for him!
So we came home with a very cute little vacuum cleaner. And a very clever little vacuum cleaner. I must say it is great just pressing the button and then sitting behind my laptop while the house is being vacuumed!
It has a base station where it gets charged. When you press "clean" it will start, check the size of the room and work out how long it needs to vacuum to cover the whole room. It takes a while until it has criss-crossed enough in order to cover all the floor space. So then when it's done it will find it's way back to the station and go climb onto the charger itself! Also when the battery is running low it will go back to get charged. So clever! I'm really impressed. And the floor is really clean.
Here's a video of our Roomba doing his thing. (I think it's definitely a "he".)
If you can't get the video to play here, you can see it on vimeo by clicking here.
Roomba! from Anneliese Mostert on Vimeo.
Haha! I loved the video! I would love to see my cat's expression if we brought one of these home to wander around the house with him...
ReplyDeleteYeah, we wanted one too, but then I was concerned about how many rooms it would do - does it to all the rooms or just the zone you tell it to do? I think if you had an open plan house it woudl be great, but with small rooms?! Tell me it works everywhere and we can get one, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWell we've got two levels, so we have to carry it downstairs when we want it to clean there. Then we've got a little step into each room which it needs to go over but can't so there we have to move it too. But it works fine. We put it on in the bedroom, close the door and it stops when it's done. Then move it to the next room whenever you want or when you next go out the house so you don't have to listen to it. Upstairs and down we've got two quite big open areas so it can go wild running around there! And the best thing is it gets under the bed and couches right to the back where I can't get with the vacuum cleaner.
ReplyDeleteAwesome. I need this!!
ReplyDelete