Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday in Zurich

Saturday we took the train in to Zurich and walked around the old town part. Here's a picture of Zurich Hauptbahnhof.

I was in search of a new pair of jeans. We weren't successful so I still am in search of those jeans...

In the one store while I was trying on jeans I heard André speaking Afrikaans to some other people. There were this couple who heard us speaking Afrikaans to each other and they're also from South Africa now living and working here. It was so nice to hear and speak Afrikaans again to someone else besides each other. We stood in this small little shop chatting and after a while the shop assistant asked us to stand and talk outside if we're not going to buy anything!!

For a late lunch/ early dinner we went to the Zeughauskeller again where we went for Andre's birthday. This time we remembered to also get a picture of the entrance of the restaurant. (Not much to see actually..)

We ordered the Major's Sword which is steak wrapped around a very long sword! It's for two people. And we had it with rösti.

André convinced me to have dessert which didn't take too much convincing. I had the Vacherin Glacé which consisted of two toffee/ caramel flavored meringue biscuits with vanilla ice cream in between. Topped with (lots of) cream and marinated raspberries. It was amazing!!

Oh and André tried their special beer that comes in this huge glass. First they pour some whiskey in the glass and light it.

Then they pour the beer, which is some malt beer, and sprinkle some wheat on top. I don't like beer at all, but this one I didn't find too bad actually.

And André like it too of course.


3 comments:

  1. Estelle says:
    My genade nog nooit so 'n BIER gesien nie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andre, jou gesiggie is nou sommer nog kleiner agter daardie meneer van 'n bier! Lyk na 'n ryk & lekker bier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOOOO glad you guys got the Feuerbowle and enjoyed it. Jace will never get this with me... :( Good on ya! :)

    This is one of my favorite restaurants! Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete