Pages

Monday, May 18, 2020

Day 56: A trip to A&E

Sunday, 17th May 2020
Weather: Sunny and warm

We had an eventful Sunday. Andre was getting our bikes ready for a morning cycle. As he was riding my bike round and up our drive his foot slipped off the pedal and it cut his shin open to the bone. I was in the house and Isabella came to call me, neither of them indicating what had happened so I had no idea it was urgent! Anyway, we eventually managed to get it covered after modifying some plasters. We kept going between, nah it'll heal up fine to no, this definitely needs stitches!

Masked selfie in front of the hospital while waiting for Andre. We just walked him to the door.

We called 111, the NHS helpline, for advice. Someone spoke to Andre and got him an appointment at the hospital right away. Andre got seen by a doctor while Isabella and I waited in the car. They cleaned him up and closed it up with those sticky stickers instead of stitches. I'll spare you the gory pictures, it looks like a shark bite! Here's the patient recovering after getting back home.


We had a socially distant picnic on the field planned with another family for lunch. It had to be delayed a little, but Andre was happy to be left at home with a big slice of chocolate cake while Isabella and I went. It was so nice to catch up with friends again.


No comments:

Post a Comment