Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top down, flowers everywhere and a new table!

I've been meaning to write all week. I know I always say that but I really have been wanting to. I've even had the pictures ready to post here. I've just had an incredibly busy week this week and I fear tomorrow might be the same so I'm writing now before bed time. It's been a very good and very very productive week though and it feels like it's just flown by so quickly. That happens when you're busy, doesn't it.

I have some things to do tomorrow already. I'm going to the library first thing in the morning. New craft class theme starting next week which will be farm animals so I want to get some books for the kids. We've just completed three weeks of dinosaur fun. I think I did tell you about the dinosaurs? And then I have some shopping I want to do tomorrow too and there are always more on my to do list than I have time for!

This week I had my first ride of the season with the top of my car down! I didn't plan it. I went to drop something off in the next door town and passed some other convertibles with their tops down. So on my way home I did the same. But having not planned it I wasn't wearing a jacket, I didn't have a hair band to tie my hair up, AND I was wearing lipgloss. For those who don't know what a problem that can be, lipgloss is kind of sticky. Top down = wind blowing in your hair = hair sticking to the lipglossed lips!! Was still good getting some fresh air and that early summer feeling.

I did not pose on the beach this week.
This was the end of last summer after we got the car.

The garden is also starting to show signs of spring. I showed you the first signs of it the other day. There are many more daffodils in the garden now. So many that Andre ordered me to pick some for the house. I was sad to pick them as they looked so pretty in the garden. But he did order me to so I listened. This first one (taken with my mobile so excuse the quality..) looked so pretty in the house that I went back out the next day to fill my other two vases too!


We now have flowers in the sitting room, dining room and...


even in the bedroom! I like walking into a bedroom with flowers. It's nice.


Oh and we do still have flowers left in the garden too!


The tulips are getting ready to flower. I'm hoping for red ones. It will be a surprise. Everything about this garden is a surprise at the moment as it's our first spring here.

We also have some things which I don't know what it is. Not sure if it will become flowers or weeds... I asked my mom and according to what she thought about the pictures I sent her I would have ripped out all the flowers and left the weeds to take over the garden!! I have lots to learn...

And to end with, meet our new dining table. It arrived yesterday after a two month wait. It was worth the wait though. I was a bit worried as we ordered it from the internet and so only saw a picture of it. And after two months I couldn't even really remember what it was going to look like. I was getting a little worried, but we are very happy with it. Chairs are not new.


A funny story- Our previous table was from Ikea and so were the chairs. When shopping around for tables we realised that Ikea tables seem to be a few cm lower than other tables here in the UK. Only about 4 cm. But of course the Ikea chairs are made to go with the height of their Ikea tables so we now have chairs that are just a tiny bit too low for our table! Luckily we have some cushions to sit on! Additional ones to those already on the chairs pictured. We'll eventually get new chairs too. I'm thinking I want a bench on one side of the table. So if we invite you for dinner, make sure you arrive early if you want to get a chair!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, ek hou van al die potte met daffodils! Lyk mooi kleurvol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estelle says: Blomme pragtig!!!! Tafel baie "smart" - watter soort hout??

    ReplyDelete