Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Homemade yoghurt

I'm still making my own yoghurt at home. I actually prefer my own yoghurt now to store bought plain yoghurt. I add some vanilla essence to it which makes it taste really good. 

Anyway, as I said before in this yoghurt recipe, you need to keep it warm for 10-12 hours. Up to now it has been quite cold so I just made sure I'd be home on yoghurt making day when I would have the heating on most of the time. The yoghurt then sits on the windowsill above the radiator and stays nice and warm. But now that it's getting summer I really don't need the heating on in the house during the day anymore. So I had to make a plan to keep my yoghurt nice and cosy...




I have one of those heat packs which you heat in the microwave, meant for sore muscles. So my yoghurt container is covered with the heat pack and then wrapped snugly in the blanket. I've been carrying it around the house all morning following the sunny spots. Then when I went out to do some gardening, the yoghurt came out with me and is still sitting out in the warm sun on the bench outside! 

I'll test it tomorrow morning, but my plan should work!

No comments:

Post a Comment