Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

And the gardening starts again!



While Andre mowed the lawn this afternoon I managed to get rid of some weeds. I have now determined that what I was pulling out must be weeds and not flowers-to-be. They were terribly hard to get out and were everywhere. Must be weeds then! I did take out a few things that came out very easily and then decided it must be something good so replanted it again. Let's just hope I wasn't replanting weeds. 

Andre wasn't much in the mood for mowing the lawn. he said it was still a little wet and therefore too dangerous to cut with the electric lawn mower. I thought that this is the driest the lawn will get in a long time and it did need cutting. A quick search on the internet told me that it's actually not dangerous cutting a slightly damp lawn with an electric mower and it proved to be right as Andre survived it. Also, I doubt they would sell many electric mowers in this country if it can only be used on a completely dry lawn.

So here are some befores, from June last year when we moved in and before we did anything to the garden, and some afters after today's first spring gardening. (Click photos to enlarge.)

June 2010
March 2011




June 2010

March 2011





June 2010

March 2011

3 comments:

  1. Julle tuin lyk baie mooi! Ook die grasperk. Lyk na 'n Hiasint - daai pers blommetjie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dankie! Daar is ook 'n paar wittes soos daardie een wat opkom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estelle says: Ongelooflik - kan nie glo wat julle gedoen het nie!!

    ReplyDelete