Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

My first sewing project!

I'm so proud of my first little bit of sewing I did for Isabella. I made her a little circle skirt. And I made it from an old t-shirt I no longer wear. I wasn't able to cut a full circle from the fabric I had so I cut two halves instead. And the elastic came from elastic I removed from some of her leggings which were too tight and which I replaced with other elastic so she has more breathing room when wearing those leggings. So it didn't cost me anything. Besides buying the sewing machine!

I think this was a nice little practice project. I'll make her more circle skirts in other fabrics, it was so easy to make. Next time I'll make it a little longer though, she's tall! And I'm going to make her a double layer skirt too. 

Before...

...and after!




2 comments:

  1. Estelle says: Geluk met die naaldwerk. Ek kan sien hoe julle twee gaan speel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baie trots op jou! Ek dink jy gaan jou naaimasjien baie geniet en veral as Isabella bietjie ouer is, sal jy oulike goed vir haar kan maak!

    ReplyDelete