Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A portrait a week: 15/52 and Isabella's first swim



Isabella's portrait for this week will have to be of her first swim! 

We went to the pool in Tadley this morning which is 15 minutes from our house. I've heard from several mums here that it's such a lovely pool for little ones and now that we've been there we can agree. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays they have what they call Jellly Babies which is for children under 5 and their parents to enjoy the pool. They raise the bottom of the pool so it's like walking into the sea from the beach. As you can see where we're sitting at the one end it's raised all the way and really really shallow and then it gradually gets deeper. The water was nice and warm and I'm a good one test that because I don't like swimming in cold water and even I enjoyed lying around in the shallow water here! 

They also have loads of water toys for the children in the pool and Isabella enjoyed playing with a  ball, watering can and chewing on a red teddy float which the life guard brought over for her. While there were enough other parents and children it didn't feel crowded at all while we were there. It might get busier later. On a Sunday the Jelly babies session is from 9am-12. We probably spent about 20 minutes in the pool and Isabella would have happily stayed in a bit longer, but I knew she'd be getting hungry soon and while she's having fun she'll forget to give us any warning of being hungry!

We'll definitely be going again. I wanted to test the first round with Andre there to help out, but now that I know she likes it I'll be taking her during the week too.


Isabella first checked out the scene before
starting to splash about.


Had an accidental dive under water but she was fine.









2 comments: