Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

A Portrait a Week: 17/52 -Second sewing project

Oops and again I'm late with Isabella's portrait of the week. I did start this blog post yesterday evening but then never got to finish it. Here it is now with a 'double' portrait of her in one photo below!



Saturday night I completed a little dress for Isabella. It started out like this:


an old top of mine, which I converted into a dress for her.





I kept the original neck of the top, just making it smaller to fit her and also used the original hems of the sleeves so didn't have to re-do those either. I used one of her  long sleeve tops which fit her comfortably to cut around for the size of the neck, body and sleeves and the only sewing I then had to do was attaching the sleeves to the body and sewing up the sleeves and down the body sides and then hemming the bottom of the dress. 

I then used this:



to make a flower and cut off some of the lace to add to the bottom of the dress. So again didn't cost me anything to make and another fun challenge making something for Isabella using something I no longer wear. 



This one was a practice run. I've got more old t-shirts I'll be cutting up in more interesting patterns to make into dresses for her but next I really want to read up about making curtains. The curtains in her room are really too small for her window and it frustrates me when I can't close them properly to keep the light out when she goes to sleep. So that will be my next project hopefully as well as making her a play mat to use in the garden.




2 comments:

  1. Ek het dit al gesê, maar ek sê dit nog 'n keer: Dit is werklik so oulik en 'n wonderlike manier om al die "ou" t-hemde te gebruik! En jy was baie kreatief met die versierings en details.

    ReplyDelete