The guys worked so hard yesterday getting all our stuff here. Andre was fortunate to be able to borrow a delivery van from work which saved us some more money. Good thing we saved some there because we're going to have to go shopping for a fridge today (on a SUNDAY Swiss readers and mom in Germany! I still keep forgetting that we can actually get stuff done on Sundays here and don't have to rush around getting it all on a Saturday.) Oh let me go take a picture so you can see why we need to buy a fridge.
Not exactly Swiss cleaning standards, is it? The rest of the house was pretty clean though. It was obvious they didn't work as hard at the cleaning as we did when we moved out of our apartment in Switzerland, but it was not too bad. The previous tenants didn't use this freezer and it was left in the garage..
We didn't plan to buy one because most places come with a fridge-freezer. We thought we could scrub it real good with bleach. But the thing is not working. It's just not getting cold at all. And our groceries are being delivered today!! Luckily we do have a small fitted fridge in the kitchen. And luckily we do have very good friends who offered to keep some of our food in their freezer if we need to.
The kitchen is basically done and unpacked. The only thing I'm still missing are the plates. They must still be in some box we haven't gotten to yet.
The lounge... cables everywhere!
TV is set up, we're using Andre's computer monitor at the moment. Lots and lots of TV channels to watch! I'm so used to not having TV so here I am sitting in front of my laptop again!
The spare bedroom (above) which will also be our study when we don't have guests. The desks were the first to be assembled. The guys were still bringing stuff into the house when Andre asked me to get the desks ready for the laptops. Very important. His "command centre" as he calls it.
I won't show you our bedroom yet. (a) Because Andre is still sleeping and I promised he could sleep as long as he wants today after I woke him up at around 6am yesterday morning because I was so excited. And (b) because it's the room that looks the worst at the moment. Clothes everywhere. Too little space. You can use your imagination...
(The yukka in the pot is on it's way inside.)
I thought we would just have to do some tidying up, but it does seem like we would have to rip everything out. It's all so overgrown and mostly weeds. It would be more work trying to save a few little plants between all those weeds. We'll try and replant what is plantable. I might ask you to identify some and tell me if it's weeds or plants! I'm looking forward to starting the garden. I'm even planning on having a vegetable patch right at the back.
There are some lovely roses we will definitely keep.
And look what else I found!
So that's the house so far. I took these pictures all this morning because we were just too busy yesterday to take any. We went for dinner at the pub last night. We went with our good friends who we stayed with for the past 3 months. It would have felt weird not having dinner with them after having dinner together every night for 3 months!
We can walk to the pub. It's only about 5 minutes walk from our house. And then on the way home we saw a fox! I still get very excited about the foxes. I've only seen one in Switzerland but it was far from us in a field and we were driving in the car then.
This one last night was just ahead of us in the road. It stopped and stared at us. Then it walked on, turned the corner and stopped and stared at us again. Then a guy on a bicycle came past and it ran away into the field. We have a forest area up the road so it probably lives there. I kept whispering to Andre, "Take a picture! Take a picture!" But he's not like me about pictures and wouldn't get his phone out..
Ok, now I'm done here. I'd love a cup of Rooibos tea now, but we still have a swiss plug on the kettle...
And this was our first meal in our new home yesterday: picnic lunch in the lounge with KFC left overs from the previous night.










1. Farryn looks hungry lying there on top of the box, sticking her tongue out.
ReplyDelete2. Last picture - you're all eating and she still has only her hand to suck on. I'm going to report all of you!
3. Love the iron that's already standing ready in the kitchen!
4.Don't be in such a hurry to "take everything out" in the garden! Goed vat lank om te groei en julle mag dalk verbaas wees oor wat alles onder die onkruid weggesteek is!
5. Dit lyk na 'n lekker huis, wens julle 'n lekker "bly" daarin toe!
6. Geniet die raspberries in julle tuin!
1 & 2: Farryn ate just before us so she had nothing to complain about! And she eat well, she's a hungry little baby!
ReplyDelete3: Yes had to iron something different to wear for a change when we went out for dinner, so tired of the same clothes I had in my suitcase for 3 months.
4: Ja ons sal maar sien wat onder wegkruip, maar dit lyk beter op die foto as wat dit regtig is. Jy sal maar moet kom raad gee!
5 en 6: Dankie ons sal! :-)
xxx
Estelle says: Ai ek het darem nou lekker gelees!!! Kan nie glo jy kry nog tyd vir blog nie. Dankie Anneliese vir al die nuus. Kan nie glo klein Farryn is orals nie - sy maak maklik groot. Wens julle al die beste toe in julle nuwe plekkie - mag julle baie gelukkig daar wees! Liefde
ReplyDeleteHi,die foto van Farryn is klassiek. Moet se, sy is 'n pragtige ou dingetjie. Wat julle nuwe blyplek aanbetref, dit lyk baie 'cosy' en glo ek sal dit nie lank neem vir julle om alles in plek te kry nie - geniet dit! Dankie ook dat ons elke dag 'n 'loertjie' kan kry van wat julle twee aanvang. Nogal interessant. Baie groete en aan Jamie en Charlene. Marietjie & Chris xx
ReplyDelete