My friend, Charlene, and I have decided to do the 5km Race for Life. It will be my very first time taking part in something like this and actually running! I've done a Big Walk before, but never done much running so this will be a good challenge for me.
A year ago in Switzerland I went running. I went twice and then I gave up! My knee was hurting but I was also running in the wrong shoes.
So on Saturday Charlene and I both went to buy new trainers. The assistant in the shop looked at our feet, made us do squats, balance on one leg and run around the shop barefoot. Then he told me my feet are neutral and went to fetch me about five different pairs of trainers to try.
There weren't any pink ones... There were some purply ones, but in the end these Nikes with the red bits were the most comfortable.
So this morning we went for our first run. It went much better than I expected. We were out for about half an hour doing four 5 min runs at a time with some walking in between to catch our breath. Tomorrow is a rest day. Maybe we'll just do a walk. And then we're running again on Wednesday.
The Race for Life raises money for cancer research. We have each decided to try and raise £100. If you would like to sponsor me and help support cancer research, click on the link below to go to my fundraising page. You can also click here or on the widget at the top left of my blog page.
We're running on the 18th of July. I will let you know how the training is going and put pictures up after the event. We've now got 6 weeks of training to do!

Estelle says: Nou toe nou - dit is goeie nuus - sou graag geldjie wou opsit!!!! Sterkte met die oefen.
ReplyDelete