It's week three of our training program for the Race for Life. There are still another three weeks left before the fun run so we're half way there. In the beginning it was really difficult and I didn't know how I would ever be able to continue with this, but each week it has been easier. And this week I have actually started enjoying it and don't have to make myself go anymore. I now feel like I need to go for a run when I get out of bed.*
As I've told you before, the Race for Life is all about raising money for cancer research. My mom and good friend in Switzerland sponsored me. Thanks again to you both!!
Then the other day I received this in the post along with my race number.
It's fun vouchers they've made up to get people to sponsor you.
So I tried them on Andre. I started with this one:
He said, "You know you won't do it properly and I would just have to re-do it. I'm not paying for that."
Then I tried this one:
He laughed, "No thanks, I'll drive my own car!"
How about this then:
He didn't say anything, just gave me a look that said 'I bought you that diamond and now I still have to pay to have my shirts ironed??'
So I was left with only this one to try:
He immediately said, "YES! I'll pay £20 for that one! How much money do you still need? Work out how many days you have to keep quiet for."
I would never be able to last a day without talking!
So that's why we baked and baked and baked all day last week Thursday. Then on Friday my baking friend's husband took all of it with him to work to get us some donations. Before 10am it was all sold out! And we raised a really good amount of money too! You can go see on the side of my blog or here how much I have now raised.
*I must just explain 'getting out of bed'. I get out of bed after Andre's dressed and goes to have his breakfast. That's usually about 15 minutes before he has to leave for work which would be around 7:45am. I make him a sandwich and cut up some fruit in a separate container. Healthy lunch! I have worked out how much he spends a year if he buys lunch somewhere every day and he agreed that I can pack him lunch. But if I don't make the sandwich he won't make one himself and he will buy lunch. And I don't want that so I get myself out of bed. Then I get back into bed and either read, or find something to do on my laptop. Sometimes my eyes will tell me they were not done sleeping yet and then I have to listen and close them for another little while. Then around 9:30 I start feeling a little guilty for still being in bed and that is when I go running. :-)






i am giggling at your vouchers...if i had done the same with D, he would have had the exact same replies as Andre...including getting super excited about me keeping quiet! and i'm envious of your handwriting!
ReplyDelete