Here the guys are on the course at Ishi.
And Andre even thought of his wife at home and brought me left over sushi which he made himself!
Andre's favourite is salmon roses, but we haven't seen it on any sushi menus here. It's a bit of rice, wrapped in salmon with mayo and caviar on top. So the sushi chef at Ishi said he would make Andre salmon roses. This is the chef:
A few weekends ago Andre took me to this restaurant. We started with... guess... cocktails! And of course I had a pina colada! What else!
Ok after that we went on to the sushi. We started with a surprise platter, which consisted of a mix of about four different kinds of sushi. Then Andre went and asked the chef if he could make those salmon roses he promised. He asked if we would like small or large salmon roses. And of course Andre said LARGE! Maybe if I were with him when he spoke to the chef I could have said small, but I didn't know there was this choice...
Well. They were huge. Eight of them. There was no way you could get the whole piece in your mouth in one go. It was more like a three bite piece of sushi! But is was good, just very rich. I can recommend the sushi at Ishi. Just ask for small salmon roses!





thanks for the restaurant tip. i'll try it out. so far i've only been to Ginger, which is delicious. what were the tips your husband got? i haven't made sushi at home Yet, but have read up on it a bit. i think a big secret is knowing how to make good rice.
ReplyDelete