Since we now have our permits and are able to come and go as we like we drove to Münich, Germany this weekend to visit my mom and stepdad. We had some traffic and road works on the way there and it took us 4 1/2 hours to drive there on Friday afternoon. Coming back on Sunday we had a better drive and it took and hour less than on Friday.

It was sooo good to get away for the weekend and especially to spend it with my mom and Jürgen. Even though I never lived with my mom since she's been in Germany (We lived in Cape Town) it does feel like going home. Partly because I've visited there so many times over the past years but mainly because it's just going home to mom.

(Excuse my husband, he just got a new camera...)
I didn't want to see any sights this weekend. I just wanted to see Münich again. It's been three years since I've last been in Germany. And Andre is always ready for shopping which he did!


Andre was looking for a new winter coat:

Haven't found the right one yet...

We walked around the Viktualienmarkt which is a big food market in Münich which is open every day. It was busy. The whole of Münich was busy.


Halloween pumpkins and chillies at the Viktualienmarkt.


This is a Maibaum. I don't know the whole story about this but they put them up on the 1st of May each year. It is one whole very long tree trunk!

We had a divine dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Münich. I can't remember the name of the restaurant now but it was actually the Japanese word for divine.

This is my starter which was chicken and prawn fried in this dough. With sweet Thai chilli sauce. I love sweet Thai chilli sauce. So good! We also had some sushi and then I had a perfect chicken curry.
This my mom:-)

We watched halloween from the restaurant. Saw many dressed up kids pass by. It was my first halloween because in SA it isn't celebrated at all. I'd love to one day experience it in the US.

Tomorrow I'll continue with the weekend. Andre took some beautiful autumn pictures which I'll post.
No comments:
Post a Comment