Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Melkbosstrand, South Africa

I haven't gotten very far with the photography studying last night. Instead I've finished a video I've started some time back already. It's about my last days in South Africa before coming to Switzerland.

I read this quote on Kathy's blog:
"The loneliness of the expatriate is of an odd and complicated kind, for it is inseparable from the feeling of being free, of having escaped."— Adam Gopnik

This is so true for us. Although we miss Cape Town, the lovely summers days there, and mostly our friends and family, it is that feeling of being free, of having escaped that makes us feel happy/ lucky/ fortunate to be in Europe. To have been given this opportunity.

I look forward to some holidays in South Africa in the future, but I am happy living in Europe.

So I just wanted to share with you a little bit of the beautiful country I am from. The video clips in the beginning are of the beach at Melkbosstrand. This is where I grew up and where I lived for 26 years. Melkbosstrand is about 30 km up the West Coast from Cape Town. The rest of the photos are of weekends away before leaving.

Click here to watch this video on vimeo.


Melkbosstrand, South Africa from Anneliese Mostert on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful scenes from South Africa! We've always lived on coasts too, and moving away from the coast has been tough for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estelle says:
    Dankie vir daardie stukkie nostalgie - die trane het sommer geloop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tja......special place! Mooi aanmekaargesit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dit bly maar 'n mooi plekkie!!Wil julle nie maar terugkom nie???
    Liefde Elaine

    ReplyDelete