Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009


We've now finally and permanently moved into our flat in Dietikon. On Friday afternoon we went to get the last of our things at the B&B in Baden. Clever me of course left my key to the B&B at the flat. Luckily André had his so we could get in but this morning we had to go back there again to drop the key off. Now we've had enough of the train trip between Baden and Dietikon for a while!

I came here on Thursday with the intention of going to buy a vacuum cleaner. Didn't happen though... I found a place online with a really good price for the one we want. It's in Dietikon so I walked all the way there, about 20 minutes there. I prefer the walking so I can at least get some exercise. I'm afraid sometime I'm going to become lazy and just start taking the bus everywhere... Anyway, I got there and they said no, I have to first order it online and then I can come and pick it up. They don't charge for postage and deliver it the next day if you pay before 12 so I decided to get it delivered instead. It should be here Monday or Tuesday cos I only payed this morning. I'm going to stay home until they deliver it so I can make full use of this delivery to my door and not have to go fetch it at the post office! Can you believe how I'm looking forward to getting a vacuum cleaner? I don't like the dusty feel on the tiles after all the ikea furniture building last weekend!

Oh and of course we got our internet at the flat! I was so worried cos they said it could take up to 4 weeks. Thursday afternoon our landlord put our names up by the postbox and our doorbell and brought my mail in. And there was a slip to go and fetch a parcel at the post office... from Cablecom! I walked there as fast as I could. It was late afternoon and I was afraid that they might be closed already. Luckily not. But then we couldn't get it connected Thursday evening. After some phone calls to cablecom we discovered we still have the old plugs in the wall and need to get the new ones. No problem. Next day they send a guy out to come and change the wall  plug and we've got super fast internet! It's instant! I can watch videos and don't have to wait for it to load first. I can look at photos on facebook and just click away and see one photo after the other. It's so good :-)

Friday morning we also did some grocery shopping to fill our new cupboards. Luckily I now have my trolley for shopping. Didn't mean to copy you Jessica, but saw it at Ikea and just can't carry all that heavy groceries home anymore. I can't buy bananas milk and juice cos I know it would get too heavy. But now I can! So yesterday morning we tested this trolley to it's full capacity. 


Today we went car shopping. We had a look at some nice cars and drove two of them. Still shopping around...

That's our weekend so far. I'm off to bed now and looking forward to a relaxing Sunday at home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment