Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

and another one

I'm a bit bored today. I should go for a walk but here's a few random things instead.

Tuesday night, last week, I made the most delicious potato soup. Only when I was ready to dish it up did I realize we don't have any bowls to eat it out of!! We just bought the necessary bits while we're waiting for our things to arrive from Cape Town. So we had the soup in coffee mugs and then ice-cream dessert (which I also bought without thinking about what to eat it out of) in glasses. Red wine is also being served in these cooldrink glasses at the moment!

Did I mention how long I had to wait for a vacuum cleaner? A few days feels like forever when you really need to vacuum a new flat. So on Wednesday last week I went to... take a guess... yes you're right! IKEA again! And I bought a broom and a mop. Not just any broom. A pink one of course. Sadly they didn't have the mops in pink so I got the blue and green one. I thought the green goes well with the bits of green in the broom. André just smiled when he saw it.

Oh isn't it cute? It even has a stand.
Of course then the next day my Baby Dyson arrived on my door step. 

It's a really great vacuum cleaner. André unpacked it while I was cooking dinner. 

And he didn't stop at the unpacking. He vacuumed the whole flat!! I think at first he was just trying it out in the lounge. Then he thought he might as well finish downstairs. And then he went on to do the whole upstairs as well! 

The vacuum cleaner really makes me think of a baby. It follows you around your ankles wherever you go. Ok, only while you're vacuuming of course. 

Then on Friday we got another surprise. Ok not quite since we ordered and paid for it, but it wasn't due to arrive for another two weeks. Oh, I'm talking about our new couch. It's sooo nice. I really like it. So visitors, come and visit and try out our new couch!



1 comment:

  1. Ek dink jy moet versigtig wees. Andre sal begin kla dat jy meer TOOLs(Besem skoppie mop en stofsuier) het as jy...Ha Ha Die besem is darm blou Gee dit vir hom.

    Die bank lyk great!!

    Grte Chris

    ReplyDelete