Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 6 of social distancing

Cat spent most of the day in hiding still today, but has come out to play this evening for a bit. Hopefully he will feel more relaxed tomorrow. Also hoping he will let me sleep a bit more tonight! We're still undecided about his name and must really make a decision tomorrow.


School this morning consisted of maths - playing shop with real money, adding up prices and working out change. 


Then Andre took over while I did some work and after work went to the (real!) shop. We've not needed to go grocery shopping for a while, but have been running low on the fresh essentials like milk, bread and fruit for Isabella so went to stock up so I won't have to go again too soon. It didn't feel very nice having to go out. The parking lot at the grocery store wasn't very full, but still there was this queue outside as they were only letting a set number of people in the store at a time. The queue moved quickly though, about 10 minutes and I was in and then I hurried through the shop trying to avoid  other people! Fresh food was very well stocked, lots of milk too, not so much the eggs and pasta. There was toilet paper but not very much. The picture below is of the tinned food isle. And the only things on my list I couldn't get was tinned tomato. Not an issue though, we still have a bit and can do without too. I washed my hands so much once I got back from the shop! My knuckles are now also starting to get a bit raw. I'm lucky it's only now as I've seen the children's hands when they were still at school looking much worse from all the soap and hard water. Hand cream can now be found around every corner in the house!



It's lovely to be able to have lunch break in the garden!

Isabella had her tap dancing lesson via Zoom this evening. It worked pretty well. She said it was ok. It is a little strange if you're not used to it and isn't quite the same. But still nice to see other children and their teacher and the funny faces the kids do while looking at themselves on screen!


Isabella decided it's time to dust off the BBQ now that winter is over so we ended the day with our first BBQ of the season! We ate quickly. It was a little cold outside by then!






No comments:

Post a Comment