Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 11: Baking Funfetti Cookies

Tuesday, 31st March 2020

Today:

Isabella practised reading by being a little nosy Parker and reading everything I typed while working. I had to wait for her to finish reading before sending off emails. She was actually being very good for a long time while I worked. Just sitting next to me and participating where she could.


Some more reading was done while baking cookies which turned out really well. They're called funfetti cookies. Here's the link to the recipe. We had no eggs so had to substitute using 1 1/2T water + 1 1/2T vegetable oil + 1t baking powder. This was for one egg and worked absolutely fine.



We covered one of the maths tasks she has for this week which was measuring capacity. We decided to do it while washing dishes after baking instead of using the wine example!


Kitten is still doing the same. Exploring the house, but still scared of us and not letting us touch him. He is funny when he is in a playful mood and loves Isabella's tunnel! I bought him treats today to try and lure him closer to us, but so far he isn't falling for that trick.


Andre and Isabella went for a run around the field behind our house during lunch time. They made it round twice which was 1km!

A Peppa Pig magazine has also proved to be quite entertaining today. So nice now that she can read and do some of it on her own.


Isabella started a 3D aquabeads project. She's promised me that she will complete it on her own so that's her challenge which will hopefully win me some time. So far so good for the start of it today. It will definitely take quite a few days to complete. We are working on a next video on the aquabeads too so will hopefully have that ready soon!


I must take a picture of our home office some time, not that there is much to show. Andre and I don't have much exciting news to tell so this is turning out to definitely be more of an account of Isabella's activities. That's what our days are all about anyway isn't it!

2 comments: