Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Fresh bread!

On Saturday we went to a nearby farm shop to buy some fresh fruit and vegetables. Andre wanted to get bacon too. The bacon from the farm shops are so so much better than from the grocery stores. I don't like bacon. I don't even like the smell of it, but I can see how much thicker the slices are and once it's cooked, you've still got quite a piece of bacon instead of the shriveled up piece you're left over with after frying up a grocery store rasher.

This little piggy has not gone to the market. Yet.

After the farm shop shopping I didn't want to go home yet. I don't have a car and we live in a small village so I don't get out much. I suggested we go to a large supermarket. How desperate must I be to be happy with walking around a supermarket! It was a very big one and they sell a bit of everything.

Both Andre and I enjoy looking at things for the house and especially the kitchen. And so we ended up getting a bread maker there.

Andre has been wanting a bread maker since before we left Switzerland. Then we saw the one we wanted (Panasonic SD-254) at half the price it's sold for on Amazon. So far Amazon has been the cheapest for this one. We've done some research to find the best prices!


Andre baked our first bread as soon as we got home on Saturday afternoon. It comes with a booklet with many recipes for different breads, cakes and doughs. We will definitely be trying it out for our weekly home made pizza dough soon. On Saturday we decided on a brioche bread. No idea what it means really, but the bread is really good. It's a slightly sweet bread.


We'll try something different each time until we find our favourite. There is also a sandwich bread which we'll try for Andre's sandwiches during the week.

3 comments:

  1. Now even a man can make bread.... respect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estelle says: Lyk lekker - stuur daar 'n stukkie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, You will enjoy it i am making bread now ours on the boat is a panasonic 253 but i need to download the recipes again as the last chef lost the book!! Let us know any good ones you make!

    ReplyDelete