Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Foxes in our garden!

Last night we were almost asleep when the outside light suddenly went on. It has a motion sensor so we got up to see what made it go on. There were two foxes in our garden!! I really like the foxes around here. They look just like puppies with very long tails. But I wouldn't try to get friendly with them after I heard about two baby girls who got attacked by a fox in their bedroom in London. You can read about that here... 

These two were sniffling around and it looked like they were catching bugs. I didn't know foxes ate bugs? I didn't really know what they eat. I just looked it up here and they eat anything, including insects.

I tried to get them on video. You can only see the one which was right under our bedroom window. The other one was a little further out on the lawn in the shadows.

2 comments:

  1. There are foxes in London??? We just saw one for the first time here while hiking around the vineyards in Graubünden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, yes there are a lot of foxes here. We live quite a bit out of London and close to a forest area so even more around where we live, but they are even in the city and along railway tracks. I also saw my first fox in Switzerland in a field on the way to Luzern!

    ReplyDelete