Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Wellie shopping

I thought it was time to remove the raindrops from my blog and put up a new spring background and picture. The weather has really started to improve. No rain over the weekend, just sunshine! I still can't really call it hot or even warm but I will call it mild instead of cold now. It is amazing what a bit of sunshine can do.


But we did still need wellies. Where we're staying with friends at the moment there is a lot of forest area and lovely walks to do. But up until now we had to stick to tarred roads as I didn't bring any appropriate shoes for mud. 

I discovered a website where you can order your wellies online. But there's no way I can buy shoes online without trying them on first (I don't know how you do it Simóne!) even if it is only wellies. So on Friday André and I went to the warehouse after they said it's okay for us to come by. Good thing too because I would have had to send back so many pairs and still wouldn't have had the right wellies by now. 


I must have tried on at least seven different pairs. Different sizes and different designs. I did feel rather bad for making the lady run around the warehouse finding what I wanted. Since it's not a shop there's nothing on display. We sat in the little office choosing what we liked off the website and then she goes off to fetch it. Then I either don't like the shade of pink or the type of flowers... And I have to try it in one size bigger or smaller just to be sure I've got the  right size. Eventually we walked out with four pairs of wellies: a pair each for Andre and I and then for our friends too. 

And here you can see what I mean by needing wellies to go for a walk over here... it really is muddy!


Did you know you can even get wellies with a wedge heel? I didn't! Check them out here.



Facebook friends, excuse the repeat of some pictures. I know some blog readers are not on facebook so I add a few fb pictures for those who has not seen them yet. If you're not my facebook friend yet and I know you, join me there to see the rest of our pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Estelle says: Love your wellies - love new spring blog picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn that is really nice wellies, and the photography is just super

    ReplyDelete