Andre and I went on another geocache walk yesterday. It's a good way to get outdoors and get some exercise and fresh air. And a way of discovering new places you wouldn't normally go to. If you haven't heard of geocaching before you can click here to go to the website. Here is an explanation from the website:
"Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online."
So it's kind of like an Easter egg hunt! Or a treasure hunt. Minus the easter eggs and with not much of a treasure. There's usually some things in and you can take something if you want, but then you must replace it with something of equal value.
It took a little time finding the container, and Andre was the one who finally found it. I was not really in the mood for poking around in the leaves. I was also not happy about the mud we had to walk through. But I guess mud will now be a part of my life. I must go find some stylish wellies soon.
There was even a travel bug inside, but we didn't take it this time. Travel bugs want to travel so if you take it you have to go find another cache somewhere to go and put it in. They can travel all over the world. Here's the one we found. Quite a mean looking one. He looks dangerous. Maybe that's why we decided not to bring him with us.
Happy Easter everybody!
xx


Estelle says: Our winter is coming soon - we are also buying wellies to walk in the rain early morning!
ReplyDelete