Anyway, I scrolled further down and I have an album labeled "Odds and Ends". Things I didn't really know where to file. A photo here and there. I found this.
Do you know what these people are doing? No, they aren't homeless people looking for something worth saving out the bins. This is Switzerland! I do this too. This is where we do recycling. This is nothing new anymore. I'm surprised I haven't told my readers who don't live here how this is done. It took me a while to figure out where and what to do. This is not something you want to get wrong. You can get fined by the garbage police if you do something wrong with this recycling business. So here's how it starts.
All cardboard goes in a big paper bag which is in my cleaning cupboard. Newspaper goes at the bottom of another cupboard where I've got some space. Glass goes in a large paper bag which is not as lucky as the other bag to have a space in a cupboard so is stationed in a corner of the lounge, sort of hidden by a chair. It then gets taken to the recycling place when the bag gets too full or before we have guests (whichever comes first!) Oh I almost forgot there is also a bag for tins and another for plastic bottles. And plastic bottles don't go to the same recycling area. Most grocery stores have recycling bins outside for plastic bottles. Just remember to take the caps off and squish the bottle a little smaller. Are you still with me?
Cardboard in the yellow, glass (sorted clear, green and brown) in the blue containers.
And that's it. Easy once you know what goes where. Oh I almost forgot - there's one other small packet: the one for the coffee capsules. Don't they make a lovely colourful picture? You don't have to tie these in bundles thank goodness. This is one thing you can just dump in the big container.
I enjoy recycling. It makes me feel a little better about how much we throw away. And if you have to pay Sfr. 2 which is almost R15 in South Africa for one garbage bag, you don't want to fill it up too quickly or unnecessarily!




Estelle says: Ongelooflik - ek sal dit ook geniet Anneliese. Ek probeer hard hier in die Kaap.
ReplyDeleteJy kan bly wees hulle laat jou nie die coffee capsules aan 'n toutjie ryg nie!!
ReplyDelete