Well I still don't like touching a dead chicken but I did! With the help of my mom!
I decided when Andre returned from Switzerland the last time that I will cook a big lunch for him and I wanted to impress him by making my first stuffed chicken. I don't really like the normal bread crumb stuffing and I like to try new things (not always a good idea but anyway). So I decided to stuff the chicken with dried fruit. I knew Andre's not so keen on dried fruit, but I like it and a stuffed chicken is a stuffed chicken.
It was delicious!! I'll tell you what we did (my mom and I). You rub the chicken with some salt, pepper and oil. Oh and trim off some of the excess fat. Then you soak some raisins and dried apricots and prunes in Rooibos tea or hot water for about 40 min. You can chop the dried fruit before you soak them. Drain the fruit and stuff it into the chicken. Not too much though. You can leave some of the fruit around the chicken too. Also chop and fry an onion to add to stuffing. Oh and you can add a finely chopped apple and saute with the onion. We forgot about that but it should be nice. We then placed the fruity chicken in a roasting bag. Roasting bag in a dish. And dish in the oven at about 180 C or 200 C I think for about an hour or until cooked.
Everyone enjoyed it! :-)
Next time I want to try stuffed chicken with spinach and feta.
No comments:
Post a Comment