My mom and Jürgen came to visit this weekend and we made this delicious roast dinner this afternoon.
The marrow, pumpkin and carrots were from our garden. Only need to plant potatoes next year and get a cow and it will be all home grown! Mom also helped me bake scones yesterday which we enjoyed with some strawberry jam and clotted cream in the afternoon and we made zucchini muffins for breakfast.
This is the first pumpkin picked from our garden. (If you click on the picture below to enlarge it you can see the pumpkins growing in the background in front of the greenhouse.)
Andre and Jürgen planted two more roses today. We got the first pink rose from Andre's dad and Marietjie when they were visiting here and it's been doing so well. It's constantly had new flowers. Today they planted a yellow and a red one. I also got more tulips and daffodils today which I still need to plant.
Last week we had some of the first beetroot from the garden. I roasted them in the oven with some olive oil, salt and pepper. I'm not a huge fan of beetroot but they were quite good.
And to end the weekend and this post with: Today I'm 35 weeks pregnant. :-)




Het lekker gekuier en al die vars groentes was heerlik! Kan nie otnhou wanneer laas het ek groente "uit die tuin" geeet nie! En jy lyk pragtig!! xxx
ReplyDelete