Although still quite cold (max 6C) we actually had a lovely sunny weekend. I had a bit of a cold and was feeling quite miserable, but towards the end of the weekend after lots of rest felt well enough to spend a little time in the garden. With the short British summer you can't wait too long to get those seeds in the ground!
![]() |
| These snowdrops were out at the beginning of February. |
The only veggie seeds I've planted so far are tomatoes, peppers and chillies. They're the ones that need planting earlier and will probably again end up spending their entire summer growing in the greenhouse. The seed trays are inside at the moment as the greenhouse isn't heated and therefor still too cold.
Then I also planted some flowers in the front corner of the veggie patch and under the pear tree. You can see the flowers I planted, the ones in the boxes, below.
I'm very excited to see some colour in the garden. The bulbs I planted at the beginning of winter are growing really well and one area of the garden is full of bulbs which should look great soon. We already have one tulip flowering in the front garden and a few daffodils nearly ready to flower. The flowers I've planted this weekend will flower after the bulbs during summer so we'll hopefully have nice continuous colour. I'm also looking forward to getting the sunflower seeds started. Waiting for the next warmer sunny weekend to plant the rest of the seeds in the greenhouse.
Andre built this bird feeder while I planted the seeds and flowers. We have about three other bird feeders hanging in branches of trees and see many little birds coming for their meals in our garden.




Dit lyk darem al asof die somer of ten minste die lente by julle in aantog is! Die sneeuklokkies lyk mooi! Hier is dit nog net te koud, eks niks lus om noual iets te doen nie. Het vanaand so 'n draai deur die tuin gestap, maar daar gaan nog nie veel aan nie.
ReplyDelete