Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

No medical bills

23 March 2013

10 weeks along this week and I got Andre to take my first belly shot. Wasn't going to do this, but I didn't want to later regret it so here it is. I only realised I was 10 weeks along to the day once I was in pyjamas already. Will try for a better one next time!


While to everybody else it just looks like I've been enjoying one too many chocolates, I can see a small, small difference in my tummy.


I got this envelope this morning and before opening it turned it over for a clue to what it might be. NHS- so I knew it had to be something to do with my pregnancy. I said to Andre if we were in any other country this would have given us a sinking feeling of yet another medical bill probably, but not here! I continued to open the envelope to see what it might be and not only is it not a medical bill, but this card which now gives me all my prescriptions free while pregnant and up to a year after baby's birth, as well as free dental treatment while being pregnant and for a year after. And just in case baby arrives later than planned I can have it extended too.


As much as I sometimes want to get out of this country with it's long long winters and barely week long summers, it is such a blessing to be able to have our baby absolutely free of any medical costs.

1 comment:

  1. Sjoe, dis darem 'n groot voorreg/voordeel om te weet dat alle mediese onkoste gedek is!

    ReplyDelete