Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Skiing at Kitzbuhel

26 February 2013


Kitzbühel old town

We drove to Kitzbuhel in Austria yesterday so Andre could go skiing. It's been three years since he's been skiing in Switzerland. We've been to Kitzbuhel before and like it because you can walk from the village to the ski slopes which means I can stand at the bottom of the slopes watching him or go for a stroll round the village and see the shops. It's an easy 1hr40min drive from my mom and Jurgens house, except that it was snowing all the way there and the roads were quite slushy so took a bit longer.



After renting the kit, Andre spent about two rounds on the beginners blue slope and then headed up a red slope which he enjoyed for the rest of the day. Both of these I can stand at the bottom watching him go up and down the slope. Or as I did later sit at a restaurant on this slope watching the skiers go past. He came skiing down to the restaurant for a lunch stop of goulash soup, one of our favourites in Germany, before heading off again.

The restaurant where we had lunch on the slopes to the right.

My view of Andre coming down the slope from the restaurant.

lunch break


We'd like to one year spent a few days there so he can explore some of the other slopes more, and I the village and shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment