We my mom and Jürgen up at the airport on Friday, a few weeks ago already.
I love going to the airport, even if I'm not the one going on holiday. They came to stay for the weekend.
Saturday we took the train to London. It was fun going on the train with them. In the past 6 months that we've been living here I have only been on the train three times, including this outing. For some reason I don't like going on the train here. It just scares me. In Switzerland I used the train every day and loved it. It was so easy. Anyway. I'm getting a car tomorrow so I can avoid the trains. Not that there are any close to us anyway.
So we arrived at Waterloo station and started walking and walking and walking.
We saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. My first time seeing this. There were so many people all over town. The handful of other times I've been to London I've never seen it this busy.
We had a drink at the Sherlock Holmes Pub. Drink stops were necessary to rest our tired legs.
We went to Harrods (very large and famous department store), another first for me. It was huge and we only had a quick walk around there and then went for a cake break to rest again at a coffee shop inside Harrods. We'll have to take my sister here. But maybe I'll have to keep her money safe for her.
We ended the day with dinner at a restaurant close to Tower Bridge. It was such a beautiful evening.
Sunday we went for lunch at a pub, one I think I've written about before. It's called The Anchor, in Wisley and is right on a lock so you get to see the long boats coming through.
We were very lucky that it didn't rain on Saturday while we were in London. It felt like it rained the entire month of August! But not that weekend. Except for a few drops while at the pub on Sunday. It didn't stop anybody from sitting outside though!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Estelle says: Ai dit lyk te lekker - bly julle het dit almal geniet!!
ReplyDelete