Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Is Switzerland changing my taste buds?

Could it be the good chocolate or freshly baked bread that has been totally changing my taste buds these past 3 months? For 29 years I did not eat pears, I hardly ate apples, I didn't drink coffee, definitely no espresso and didn't like sparkling water at all. What's happening? I now eat at least one apple and one pear every day and I love pears now! (psst... they come from South Africa :-) I've had a coffee and a cappuccino since arriving here and last Sunday I even had an espresso and it wasn't bad at all. I bought a sparkling water by accident and even that was drinkable. I'm eating stronger cheese and starting to find mild cheese a bit "boring" actually. Has all this got to do with settling in with the Swiss or with nearing 30?

4 comments:

  1. That is funny. My husband's tastes have also changed a lot since living here.. but he is also nearing 30 - so I can't say which of your hypothesis is correct. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe! Interesting! Perhaps then a combination of Switzerland and turning 30..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, have switched taste buds, and *ahem* crossed that hill.

    It must be something in the air. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the air, not the age!

    ReplyDelete