Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Third sewing project: Pink summer dress with braided neckline

I completed this dress quite a while ago, but just haven't gotten around to blogging about it. The family have probably most seen and heard about this dress, but here it is again anyway before I post the next sewing project I just completed tonight.


Again I used an old t-shirt of mine which no longer fit me so well. I loved this t-shirt, such a nice bright pink, so I am glad it is able to carry on its life with Isabella!



Me in the t-shirt right before it became Isabella's dress. It was actually the last time I wore
it and decided it's actually a bit short...
(Isabella 6 months old.)


And here it is up-cycled into a dress for Isabella!



As with the previous dress I used the original hem of the t-shirt as the hem of the dress so saved me a step. The binding around her arms is from the neck of the shirt and the neck of the dress is a five strand braid made from strips cut from another top. I used one of her t-shirts to cut around as a guide for cutting out the dress.






I was just taking photos that day of Isabella being brave and touching the grass for the first time without crying about it. So they don't show off the dress so much. This was a month and a half ago, she was 6 months old then. She wore the dress again today and it looks so much shorter on her now compared to the photo where she's standing up. She's probably not gotten much taller, I think she's just able to stand up taller now. I will try and remember to get another picture of her in the dress when she wears it next. It probably won't be soon though because the rain is back again tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment