If we didn't spend a year living in Switzerland I would have probably seriously doubted it, the way things go here when it starts to snow!
It is our third winter, but last winter it didn't snow much and the one before I wasn't working yet so didn't need to drive much.
 |
This is work- The nursery from the front when I left today. |
 |
| And the back garden |
People here have gotten me into a right panic this morning over having to drive in the snow, made even worse by the radio station warning everyone and so many schools being closed even before I left home this morning. I drove in the snow in CH without even thinking twice about it. We drove in quite heavy snow fall all the way to Germany one weekend too. I never realised there would be places in the world where roads would not be cleared of snow! A little spoilt after CH I suppose!
 |
My car, parked all the way at the top of the lane. The cars in the background is where I sat for 50min. |
 |
| The 260m that took 50 minutes. |
 |
| Our little street, very very white. |
It did in the end take me 50 minutes to drive 260m to get to the main road. The rest of the drive home was fine. Slushy but moving. And took 1hr30 instead of the usual 20min from work to home.
 |
Our back garden from the second floor window. Can you spot the black cat? |
I saw a snow plough on the M4 this morning. One lonely one. I hope he was meeting up with another one somewhere to actually be able to make a difference! (The M4 is like the N1 in SA)
 |
| There was even a snow plough in our village! |
We took the children outside to play in the snow first thing this morning at work and managed to build a tiny little snowman after they kept asking for one. At 9.30 there weren't that much but it hasn't stopped snowing and was at 12cm when I checked at 3pm this afternoon.
I went on a quick walk through the forest when I got home just because I can't stop taking pictures of the snow. It is pretty. Have a look!
*By the way, remember you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.
 |
| The road out of our village. |
 |
| Just to prove I'm not making it all up! |
 |
| The little pond down the road in the forest. |
 |
| Forest walk. |
 |
A little bit of color with the road leading into our village in the background. |
And here's our snowy back garden.
 |
| Poor rain meter must be wondering what's going on! |
 |
| The cat's been by. |
Mooi fotos! Julle het omtrent genoeg sneeu gekry! Hier was ook maar gister taamlik chaos gewees en hulle het nie veel in die dorp skoongemaak nie - probeer seker geld spaar! Maar vandag is als darem geruim en die sneeu het ook opgehou. Ekhoop net volg naweek sneeu dit nie...hulle het gister 100 vlugte in Mnchn gekanselleer.....
ReplyDelete